Friday, September 26, 2014

CA ~ Big Morongo Canyon Preserve

Vermilion  Flycatcher
Nice to be able to visit this nature preserve again today.  I must admit  this area is one of my favorite places to see birds around Palm Desert.  Here are some of today's pictures and some scenery.  I started birding at the ballpark where I was lucky enough to again see the wonderful and colorful Vermilion Flycatcher and had close up looks at a Lincoln Sparrow. There were 5 Western Meadowlarks feeding in the outfields, some Western Bluebirds, Lesser Goldfinches and House Finches were in closer.  Next, I moved over to the Preserve where I hiked the Mesquite` Trail where I had great looks at an Orange-crowned Warbler and Western Wood Pewee.

Lincoln Sparrow
Orange-crowned Warbler
Wilson's Warbler

No comments: