Thursday, February 16, 2017

Oak Hill, FL ~ River Breeze Park

My drive today was only about 3 hrs so I decided that the last part of it I would drive along Rt 1 down from New Smyrna and possibly stop at several of the roads along the beach.  My first stop was in Oak Hill at the River Breeze Park.  It's a great park with walking trails, a camping area, boat launch, picnic areas with grills and more.  The first thing I noticed were tons of large white butterflies all over the park.  I walked in the park and found 11 species of butterflies here.  I was excited to find a life butterfly - Clouded Skipper.  I also walked out to the beach area finding some birds.  Along a trail I found a squirrel working on a nut and a turtle.

Great Southern White

Gulf Fritillary
Clouded Skipper - Life Butterfly

Pearl Crescent

Zebra Longwing

Tri-colored Heron

Tri-colored Heron




No comments: