Sunday, February 19, 2017

Merritt Island, Fl ~ Exploring the Byways

Barred Yellow Butterfly
Today before I left the yard I saw an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly.  Yesterday, I found 2 new species at the Viera Wetlands- Barred Yellow and Monarch. Then I stopped first at the Information Kiosk area that has been so productive with butterflies.  I found 2 new species there - a Queen & a Red Admiral.  Then when I was walking the Scrub Jay Trail I found a little Duskywing which has been ID'd as a 'Florida' Sleepy Duskywing so another life butterfly.  This brings my trip total to 29 species thus far.  Some new birds for today Cattle Egrets and a flyover White Pelican but no Scrub Jays. Drat!!

Queen Butterfly

Queen Butterfly

Red Admiral Butterfly

Red Admiral Butterfly

'Florida' Sleepy Duskywing

Cattle Egret

White Pelican



No comments: