Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Hurricane Matthew ~ Debris left along Moultrie Creek

Arrived in St Augustine late yesterday afternoon.  Today was a lazy day as I went very local since the photographer's pass for the Alligator Farm doesn't go into effect until March 4th.  Guess that means few birds are coming into the rookery yet to make nests.  I'll be back in St Augustine for a week at the end of my trip and plan time there then.  Just a few blocks from where I was staying is the Moultrie Creek which has lots of great marsh areas.  As I drove along Shore Drive I was able to see where Hurricane Matthew, in early Oct 2016 did a fair amount of damage including pushing boats off their moorings and onto the marshes where they are stranded.
This happened during Hurricane Sandy in NJ and seemed to take forever to get the boats moved.  Hopefully, here it will go faster.  These are just 3 of the 20+ boats I saw stranded.












No comments: