Sunday, September 18, 2016

WY ~ Exploring Yellowstone NP

I moved over to Island Park, ID for the next few nights to another AirBnB.  This now has me driving to and from the park via the West Yellowstone Entrance.  One of the first things you hear about Yellowstone is"if you see a traffic jam it is usually due to animals being on the road or nearby." I also heard that along the stretch of road coming in the West Entrance were small herds of elk. Going out of the the park yesterday I saw some elk but the crowds were large and the rangers were not letting anymore people stop.  This morning I got up early so that I would be able to stop and view them from one of the parking areas along the road.  I was able to see a group of about 10 elk including the male who was bugling.  It was a great experience.  Then I spent the day exploring the park and doing some hiking.  On my explorations, I found life bird #416 Barrow's Goldeneye.


Along the road in the park



























Barrow's Goldeneye #416 Life Bird
Muskrat



















No comments: