Tuesday, September 20, 2016

WY ~ Yellowstone National Park ~ Butterflies

It's amazing that when I arrived early last week Yellowstone had a full day of snow with terrible driving conditions and today the high was 82 with plenty of sunshine.  I was excited to drive Blackhill Plateau and see a few butterflies on the Rabbitbrush. that is all around the park.  I decided to drive the road above Mammoth Hot Springs going over to Norris so I could stop at an area that had lots of Rabbitbrush and sage but where it was safe to park.  I was really excited to see a good number of butterflies and a total of 8 species.  I am sure missing the butterflies and am looking forward to getting back to NJ in a few days to see what butterflies are around.

Green Comma ~ Life Butterfly

Milbert's Tortoiseshell ~ Life Butterfly

Purplish Cooper Butterfly

Red Admiral Butterfly

Orange Sulphur Butterfly

Green Comma Butterfly

Checkered  White Butterfly

No comments: