Tuesday, September 13, 2016

WY ~ Yellowstone National Park ~ Lamar Valley

How exciting to be back at Yellowstone NP.  I visited in Sept 2009 when in MT on a retreat with my  friends.  We only had a short 6 hrs here but it was enough to tell me that I needed to return in the future. We came in the NE entrance then also. Since it snowed yesterday in the park some of the roads are closed due to icy conditions so my choices were limited in where to go today to just Mammoth Hot Springs and Lamar Valley which is where many of the animals can be found.  The scenery with the snow on the mountains was gorgeous.  It's cold here so I am dressed warmly with layers.  Fortunately, the snow was not on the roads that I was driving.  I was surprised to see few animals around but was delighted to see the deer as they bounded towards me.



White-tailed Deer

White-tailed Deer
American Coots






No comments: